Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by RAYMOND Romain <ro...@c-s.fr> on 2002/04/17 16:02:39 UTC

x:tranform difficultiessssss

Hello,

is this the correct " syntax " to realize an xslt transformation :
"
	<c:import url="/xml/my.xml" var="xml" />
	<c:import url="/xslt/my.xsl" var="xslt" />
        <x:transform xmlUrl="${xml}" xsltUrl="${xslt}"/>
"

thanks.

Re: x:tranform difficultiessssss

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, RAYMOND Romain wrote:

> Any indications about setting an URIResolver related ro the called
> transformer ...

Yes.  The spec's now accepts 'xmlSystemId' and 'xsltSystemId' attributes
for <x:transform>, and I've implemented a URIResolver in our
implementation to resolve entities appropriately through
ServletContext.getResource().

I also use an EntityResolver for the parsing phase for both the XML and
XSLT documents.  The code is much more complex than I expected, since we
have to maintain more control over the parsing than TrAX wants to give us.
But I've tested it, and it does seem to work in every case I can think of
(context-relative, page-relative, absolute systemIds, and root-relative
versus page-relative entity href paths in the URIResolver itself, for such
things as <xsl:import>, <xsl:include>, and document()).

The CVS head has been updated; the changes will also be reflected in the
nightly build and Beta2.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com