Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2016/01/27 23:23:29 UTC

parquet sync up time

The Parquet sync up has been historically in the morning (10am PT) to make
it easier for people in Europe to join.
However today we had 2 people who'd rather have a time friendly to the
Chinese time zone (4pm PT)
Nobody joined from a european time zone (this time)
We agreed that the next sync up would be at 4pm PT.

Now depending on who wants to join we can keep it that way or do a rotation
between the two times and have sync-ups more frequently.

So if you are in a time zone different than pacific time and want to join
the parquet sync up either occasionally or regularly, please reply to this
thread.
(also, obviously this can change over time)

--
Julien