Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Crosson <mc...@nusku.net> on 2015/06/01 21:38:11 UTC

4.3 -> 4.5 breaks networking

I recently upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 in a test lab and discovered that
networking is semi-broken. If I have 2 hosts, one running a virtual
router and another running a VM (KVM) I cannot get to the network.
However, if I have the virtual router running on the same host as the
VM, networking works. I'm running KVM for virt and Ubuntu 14.04.

I've tried flushing IP tables, I manually setup VLANs and have
established VLAN's work between hosts, etc. Any recommendations on where
I should go from here?

-- Mike Crosson

Re: 4.3 -> 4.5 breaks networking

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.
If VR and VM on the same host works fine, then some vlan configuration is
missing on the switch connecting both the hosts. Make sure you have
configured the switch ports as tagged and allow all the vlans being used
for guest and public networks.

Re: 4.3 -> 4.5 breaks networking

Posted by Mike C <mc...@nusku.net>.
On 2015-06-04 00:37, Sanjeev N wrote:
> If VR and VM on the same host works fine, then some vlan configuration
> is
> missing on the switch connecting both the hosts. Make sure you have
> configured the switch ports as tagged and allow all the vlans being
> used
> for guest and public networks.
Everything was working under 4.3 and I've been able to manually setup
vlan's and transmit data between hosts.

On 2015-06-03 21:08, ilya wrote:
> Mike
>
> We are missing context of your lab setup.
>
> Perhaps TCP dump can help with debugging?
I'll see if I can grab a TCP dump soon. I've included my overall config
below if it might help.

===
= Zone Network/VLAN Setup
===
Physical Network
   CloudStack
     Public: vlan, ip ranges in 172.16.17.0/24 and vlan://untagged ;
cloudbr0 as adapter
     Guest: ip range 172.16.18.0/24 and vlans 1201 - 1225 ; cloudbr1 as
adapter
   Management
     ip's in range 172.16.16.0/24
     mgmtbr0 as adapter

===
= Source network cconfig
===
Management: mgmbr0 -> eth0 -> multiple ip's specified, each in
172.16.16.0/24 range
cloudbr0: bond0.1100 -> p1p1 p1p2 -> no ip address specified
cloudbr1: bond0.1200 -> p1p1 p1p2 -> no ip address specified
bond0: mode balance-alb -> no ip address specified

===
= Destination network config
===
Management: mgmtbr0 -> eth1 -> one ip specified in 172.16.16.0/24 range
cloudbr0: eth0.1100 -> no ip address specified
cloudbr1: eth0.1200 -> no ip address specified

Re: 4.3 -> 4.5 breaks networking

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Mike