Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Luby <pa...@sun.com> on 2002/08/13 22:29:04 UTC

[VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

I would like to propose that we add Jean-François Arcand as a Tomcat
committer. I believe he has submitted enough patches to show that he
will be a positive contributor to Tomcat 5.

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Luby                     Email: patrick.luby@sun.com
Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by Jean-francois Arcand <je...@sun.com>.
Thanks everybody! Now you can say you have a Quebecois as a commiter ;-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Posted by Patrick Luby <pa...@sun.com>.
All,

Posted by Justyna Horwat <Ju...@Sun.com>.
+1

Justy

Posted by Patrick Luby <pa...@sun.com>.
Glenn,

Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> I would have appreciated if this were stated planely in the VOTE request.
> I would not normally vote +1 for commit privs for someone who has only
> participated for 16 days in the community.
>
> +1 Since it is obvious he is assigned to work on the Tomcat 5 RI of Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.

I admit I did not factor the cumulative time that Jean-François has
contributed to Tomcat when I nominated him. Instead, I nominated him
purely based on the patches that he has submitted. My view was has he
submitted enough patches for us to evaluate his work and potential
contributions.

Whether or not he is assigned by Sun to work should be irrelevant. If
you feel that someone is not ready to be committer, I don't think any of
us should feel that we need to give anyone any special consideration by
virtue of who their employer is.

I am a strong supporter of Tomcat's process for granting commit access:
send patches and if we like your work and commitment, we will let you
have commit access. Accordingly, if you or anyone feels that a
nomination is too hasty, please don't hesitate to say so.

Patrick

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Wanting to make an informed decision, I reviewed the tomcat-dev and commit
messages, Jean-Francois started participating in the Tomcat community 16 days ago.

It quickly became obvious that he works for Sun and must be assigned to work on
Tomcat 5.

I would have appreciated if this were stated planely in the VOTE request.
I would not normally vote +1 for commit privs for someone who has only
participated for 16 days in the community.

+1 Since it is obvious he is assigned to work on the Tomcat 5 RI of Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.

Regards,

Glenn

Posted by Bob Herrmann <bo...@jadn.com>.
+1 !

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 16:29, Patrick Luby wrote:
> I would like to propose that we add Jean-François Arcand as a Tomcat
> committer. I believe he has submitted enough patches to show that he
> will be a positive contributor to Tomcat 5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

> Patrick Luby                     Email: patrick.luby@sun.com
> Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
> 901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
> Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900
Cheers,
-bob

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Quoting Patrick Luby <pa...@sun.com>:

> I would like to propose that we add Jean-François Arcand as a Tomcat
> committer. I believe he has submitted enough patches to show that he
> will be a positive contributor to Tomcat 5.
>
> Thanks,

Back from vacations (still 1100 mails to review on various list) but you got
rigth now my +1.

Welcome on board JF (hey another JF ;)

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by Marcelo Mendes Fernandes <mm...@yahoo.com.br>.
+1

MMFernandes.

> I would like to propose that we add Jean-Fran�ois Arcand as a Tomcat
> committer. I believe he has submitted enough patches to show that he
> will be a positive contributor to Tomcat 5.

+1

Amy

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
Patrick Luby wrote:
> I would like to propose that we add Jean-François Arcand as a Tomcat
> committer. I believe he has submitted enough patches to show that he
> will be a positive contributor to Tomcat 5.

+1

Amy

> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Jean-Francois Arcand

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
+1

Costin