Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Fury <ma...@what-the.net> on 2003/10/08 18:19:12 UTC

Tomcat and Active Directory

Hi All,

I've been trying for several weeks to compile
information on Tomcat and Active Directory through
LDAP. I can't quite get all the information I need and
I am hoping someone has a link to what needs to be
done. I want to use the Realms in Tomcat but I can't
seem to connect properly. For some reason it seems to
keep trying to connect to localhost even though its
not specified.

Also, does SSL NEED to be implemented in order to get
this to work? I will be doing AD connectivity through
LAN only.

Thanks.

-Matt

Re: Tomcat and Active Directory / 2003

Posted by Matt Fury <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Thanks for the reply.

Tried all those to no avail. :-/ I did see the Tomcat
realm how-to but I was wondering if there were issues
because it is Micro$oft we're trying to connect to and
its 2003. Who knows, their "standard" ldap may not be
standard.

-Matt

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm

Posted by Yann C�bron <ya...@yahoo.de>.