Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk> on 2016/09/07 09:36:21 UTC

iOS7 skins

Hi,

I have a large project which was written using Flex 4.7.

I would like to use the iOS7 Button Bar skin which is included with Flex
4.15 (but am not in a position compile the project with 4.15).

Which files do I need to grab from 4.15 SDK and add to my 4.7 project JUST
to use the iOS7 Button Bar skin please?

Thanks

Re: Slider and circular dependency

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Alex.

Lane.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/27/16, 1:38 AM, "Lane" <la...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The section on Circular Dependencies on the Apache site suggests that one
>might perhaps use the "-remove-circulars option" on the compiler (with
>the
>word remove crossed out in the HTML which I find a bit puzzling). When I
>place the expression "-remove-circulars" (without the quotes) in the
>compiler (Project-Properties-Flex Compiler-Additional Compiler
>Operations),
>it is not accepted. Is this the best way to handle this particular
>circular
>dependency, and if so, what precise expression does one place in the
>compiler as an option so that it will be accepted?

From the menus: Run

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
I'm preparing a release version of what appears to be a stable FlexJS
program (my special thanks to those who have made this possible). It
contains a slider, generated as follows:

<js:Slider id="circuitsSlider" width="800" x="20" y="105"
                               minimum="0" maximum="242" snapInterval="1"
                               mouseUp="sliderChange()"/>

The sliderChange method accesses the value of the slider, which by
definition is always current after a mouseUp.

Two questions:

1) I am using mouseUp because there is apparently no change property
activated yet for a Slider in FlexJS. It's not perfect, but it does the job
(as long as one does not move the mouse a long distance from the slider
before releasing it, or off the app itself, yielding an error). Is there a
better way to capture slider movement than mouseUp and then slider.value?

2) To release the program, I go to Run, Express Tools, and then Option 7
(Flashbuilder 4.7). I am receiving the following error:

Oct 27, 2016 4:52:41 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
println
SEVERE: ERROR - Circular dependency detected: org.apache.flex.html.Slider ->
org.apache.flex.html.beads.controllers.SliderMouseController ->
org.apache.flex.html.Slider

The section on Circular Dependencies on the Apache site suggests that one
might perhaps use the "-remove-circulars option" on the compiler (with the
word remove crossed out in the HTML which I find a bit puzzling). When I
place the expression "-remove-circulars" (without the quotes) in the
compiler (Project-Properties-Flex Compiler-Additional Compiler Operations),
it is not accepted. Is this the best way to handle this particular circular
dependency, and if so, what precise expression does one place in the
compiler as an option so that it will be accepted?

Thanks,

Lane.

---

Re: Tabbing in FlexJS Freezes

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Please file a bug with your simplified test case at:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

Thanks,
-Alex

Tabbing in FlexJS Freezes

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addElement()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/ContainerBase.as:139]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::StatesWithTransitionsImpl/apply()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Effects/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/StatesWithTransitionsImpl.as:309]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::StatesWithTransitionsImpl/stateChangeHandler()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Effects/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/StatesWithTransitionsImpl.as:145]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/set
currentState()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/ContainerBase.as:416]
    at ColorsFlexJS/prebake2()[C:\Users\fries\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\ColorsFlexJS\src\ColorsFlexJS.mxml:140]
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
    at
org.apache.flex.core::CallLaterBead/makeCalls()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CallLaterBead.as:122]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::CallLaterBead/enterFrameHandler()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CallLaterBead.as:111]

Thanks,

Lane.

---

Re: Load External File

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
Works like a charm.  Thanks.

Lane.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

RE: Load External File

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
You can use FileReference[1] to load a file.  Browse for the file, load it.  Once the complete event is dispatched you should be able to use the "data" property to access the file data.

If you need to you can convert the ByteArray to string just by casting it.

[1] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/FileReference.html

-Mark

Load External File

Re: FlexJS tying into HTML

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
There is also a MultilineLabel component that should do roughly what
mx:Text did.  TextArea is really intended for editing multi-line text.
The basic FlexJS component set should support an "html" property wherever
there is a "text" property so even button labels can be "rich".

We still need volunteers to build out equivalents for other higher-level
HTML controls like Table and the new HTML5 widgets.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: FlexJS tying into HTML

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the response.

I recall increasing difficulties working with html text in a TextArea when
transitioning from Web to Mobile development. It wasn't always stable, even
with very small files. I couldn't imagine that things would suddenly become
easy again in a 0.7.0 beta which in essence is not only Web but also Mobile
(because it runs in the browser of mobile devices).

The html property in the Text Area has all the functionality that I require.
This is going to be a lot of fun.

Lane.

---

Re: FlexJS tying into HTML

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

FlexJS tying into HTML

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk>.
Don't get me wrong - I'm using 4.15 for EVERY other project I have on the go.
It's just 1 that when I tried to migrate - too much went wrong (with skins
etc) and I need to allocate a sizable chunk of time to migrate over (which
at the moment I can't afford to do)

Thanks for your help Olaf.

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Great that it works now!

>but am not in a position compile the project with 4.15
I notice that folks sometimes stick with old versions, especially last Adobe
versions.
What is the reason to stick with it? I thought that most of the time an
update to the latest Apache version could be done with a passable effort?

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk>.
So a bit of a hack - but in the iOS7ButtonBarSkinBase.as file I just manually
changed the highlightedTextColor style to white.

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n13634/text.png>

For some reason I can't change 'highlightedTextColor' using setStyle (but I
can change the non highlighted font color using the 'color' style).

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Lydecker wrote
> So some weirdness with the colours. Any ideas?

Do you've tested it using the simulator or a mobile device?

I stumbled over this wiki article:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50856172

I tested the origin skin with 4.15. and it only works correctly with the
simulator after adding the compiler directive. Don't know if this would be
work with 4.7.

If the skin still doesn't work with your mobile device there's some more
investigation needed.
I would try to find out where the font color and the font family comes
from...

HTH,
Olaf

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk>.
OK - made some progress now thanks.

I had everything you said already - the one sticking point I had was
'Adjusting the Imports'.

However it just dawned upon me that if I moved the whole of the iOS7 skin
folder from the 4.15 framework to my projects source folder location:
"src/spark/skins/ios7" - it solved the import adjusting issues. The only
other think I needed to do was delete references to the 3 unsupported DPIs
in 4.7 framework (640, 480, 120).

Now I'm there! Almost. This is what it looks like:
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n13624/4_7.png>

But this is what it looks like when using 4.15:
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n13624/4_15.png>

So some weirdness with the colours. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help in getting me this far!

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk>.
I'm no wondering if this is the issue as to why the colours aren't coming
though?

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n13631/Colours.png>

It's not happy with the declaration xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/fxg/2008"

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
>Thanks for this - been looking at it for a week now but still no joy.
Could you specify what kind of problems do you have?

>Is it possible to apply a pure AS skin directly to component?
Yes, you just have to add the skin class to your component:
<<s:ButtonBar skinClass="skins.CustomButtonBarSkin" >

>Any further pointers would be much appreciated.
- Download all files inside the ios7 skin package that begins with
ButtonBar*, don't forget the "assets" folder [1]
- Create a test project
- Copy the downloaded files to your project
- Adjust the "import" statements inside the downloaded files where it's
needed
- Create a simple test case [2]
- Check if it already works
- If not, you maybe have to update other dependencies to 4.15.

HTH,
Olaf

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/eec643c453a3a1bec6ea3352b0c94ec81d36b2d6/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/ios7

[2] Simple test case:
<<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
			   xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" applicationDPI="160">

	<s:ButtonBar skinClass="path.to.your.local.ButtonBarSkin" >
		<s:ArrayCollection>
			<fx:String>One</fx:String>
			<fx:String>Two</fx:String>
			<fx:String>Three</fx:String>
			<fx:String>Four</fx:String>
		</s:ArrayCollection>
	</s:ButtonBar>
<</s:Application>

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by Lydecker <za...@zizunetwork.co.uk>.
Thanks for this - been looking at it for a week now but still no joy.

In the past I've used MXML when skinning spark components. This is obviously
pure AS.

Is it possible to apply a pure AS skin directly to component? I can't seem
to find any examples of this online.

Any further pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: iOS7 skins

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Seems to me that ButtonBarSkin [2] has these [1] direct dependencies.
Maybe you could browse through the repo and put it together to make the
ButtonBarSkin work.

HTH,
Olaf

[1] ButtonBarSkin source
package spark.skins.ios7
{
import spark.components.ButtonBar;
import spark.components.ButtonBarButton;
import spark.components.DataGroup;
import spark.components.supportClasses.ButtonBarHorizontalLayout;
import spark.skins.mobile.supportClasses.ButtonBarButtonClassFactory;
mport spark.skins.mobile.supportClasses.MobileSkin;
}
[2] ButtonBarSkin:
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/eec643c453a3a1bec6ea3352b0c94ec81d36b2d6/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/ios7/ButtonBarSkin.as

[3] Repo "spark.components" entry point:
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/release4.15.0/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components

[4]: Repo "spark.slins.mobile.supportClasses" entry point:
https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/eec643c453a3a1bec6ea3352b0c94ec81d36b2d6/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src/spark/skins/mobile/supportClasses