Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Thomas C. Meggs" <to...@plik.net> on 2002/11/21 19:41:27 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd-2.0.43 ExtFilterDefine

Hi,

I'm trying to get ExtFilterDefine and friends to work with limited success.

Either I get no output at all, or my output doesn't change. What I
started working off of was one of the examples in the documentation.

  From this page: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ext_filter.html

I put the sed example in with a small change, being just the text I was
searching/replacing, and I added a logging directive.

# mod_ext_filter directive to define a filter which
# replaces text in the response
#
ExtFilterDefine fixtext mode=output intype=text/html \
cmd="/bin/sed s/bleh/blah/g"

<Location />
# core directive to cause the fixtext filter to
# be run on output
SetOutputFilter fixtext
ExtFilterOptions LogStdErr DebugLevel=0
</Location>

Depending on how I do it, I get either no output or the test in question
doesn't change. I thought it might be the intype=text/html but I removed
that with the same outcome. As far as the logs I'm getting goes this is
what it says:

[Thu Nov 21 13:28:04 2002] [error] [client 172.20.21.175] (32)Broken
pipe: apr_file_write(child input), len 0

/bin/sed exists and works outside of Apache.

Any pointers or help would be _greatly_ appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Tom