Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 21:27:13 UTC

Re: ServiceMix 6.0.3 and Java 6 support

Hi

I have just tested and I couldn't start ServiceMix using Java 6. The support for this Java version seems to be broken. I tried the same with Karaf 3.0.x and the Java 6 support seems to be broken too - probably because some other projects have upgraded their sources to Java 7. I have reported this problem in Karaf community http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Java-6-support-broken-in-Karaf-3-0-x-td4047157.html

Regards
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: ServiceMix 6.0.3 and Java 6 support

Posted by sbsmxuser <se...@thalesgroup.com>.
Hi Krzysztof,

I will follow the ticket you opened in Karaf community. It says it will be
fixed in Karaf 3.0.8. Then I just have to wait a 6.x version including Karaf
3.0.8

Thanks for the answer and for your time !

Regards,

Sébastien

Re: ServiceMix 6.0.3 and Java 6 support

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Tha last versions which work with Java 6 are

  * 6.0.2 -- the versions from 6.0.3 have broken support
  * 6.1.0 has broken support for java 6
  * 5.6.1 - broken
  * 5.4.4 - broken

It looks like we had a problem with Java 6 support even in ServiceMix 5.