Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mp...@xapsolutions.com on 2003/03/18 00:47:50 UTC

I can't figure out mailet installation

I've read the mailing list and the articles referenced. Maybe I'm just stupid.

1) Is it, in fact, true that the documentation provided with james and
available at http://james.apache.org on how to add custom mailets is *wrong*?
2) Is it, in fact, true that I have to manually manipulate the james.sar file
in order to add my mailet to the installation?
3) How, in WinZip, do I add my .jar file to james.sar with the correct path?
4) How many lib/ directories are there in the source and dist file trees and
what are they all for?
5) After I manage to get my .jar file in james.sar, do I specify just the
class name or the full package and class name in my <mailet> tag in
config.xml?

I'm really confused, very overtired, and I'd super appreciate a verbal
response to this instead of just a link to another article. I've read all of
the other articles. I can't figure this out.

Matthew Schuyler Peck