Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Matthias Laube <ml...@gmx.de> on 2003/06/22 13:27:17 UTC

Question: (Automatic) deletion of m:n relations

Hi!

My question is it yet possible to have only the relation (stored in an
indirection table) between two objects deleted automatically?

My class descriptor:

	<class-descriptor
		class="de.ciber.eprocurement.model.PersonImpl"
		table="eproc.person"

		<field-descriptor
			name="_id"
			column="id"
			jdbc-type="INTEGER"
			primarykey="true"
			autoincrement="true"
		/>
		<field-descriptor
			name="_companyId"
			column="company_id"
			jdbc-type="INTEGER"
		/>
		<field-descriptor
			name="firstName"
			column="first_name"
			jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
		/>
		<field-descriptor
			name="lastName"
			column="last_name"
			jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
		/>
		<field-descriptor
			name="title"
			column="title"
			jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
		/>
		<field-descriptor
			name="companyFunction"
			column="company_function"
			jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
		/>
		<collection-descriptor
         		name="addressGroups"
         		element-class-
ref="de.ciber.eprocurement.model.AddressGroup"
         		auto-retrieve="true"
         		auto-update="true"
         		auto-delete="true"
         		indirection-table="eproc.address_group_x_person"

         		<fk-pointing-to-this-class column="person_id"/>
         		<fk-pointing-to-element-class
column="address_group_id"/>
      		</collection-descriptor>
		<reference-descriptor
            		name="company"

class-ref="de.ciber.eprocurement.model.api.Company"

         		<documentation>this is the reference to the
persons company</documentation>
         		<foreignkey field-ref="_companyId"/>
      		</reference-descriptor>
      		<field-descriptor
       			name="ojbConcreteClass"
       			column="ojbConcreteClass"
       			jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
     		/>
	</class-descriptor>

in the collection-descriptor.

I retrieve the AddressGroups with the Person-Object but when I call
remove on their iterator an update the Person the row in the indirection
table
Is not deleted.

Is it my fault?

Matthias Laube