Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gurjeet Singh Osahan <gu...@infy.com> on 2001/07/23 22:04:45 UTC

Apache-Tomcat integration.

Hi,

I am not able to configure Tomcat with apache.

I am able to run both servers indepently.
Next I put the mod_jk.so file in libexec directory.
Next I add the "include" statement in httpd.conf file

when i run tomcat it starts fine.
When i run apache it gives a error :

"invalid command 'loadmodule', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in your server environment.

I am running apache_1.3.12 and tomcat-3.2.2 on Solaris 2.8

Please help me out.

TIA

Regards,
Gurjeet

Re: Apache-Tomcat integration.

Posted by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com>.
Gurjeet Singh Osahan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not able to configure Tomcat with apache.
>
> I am able to run both servers indepently.
>
> Next I put the mod_jk.so file in libexec directory.
>
> Next I add the "include" statement in httpd.conf file
>
> when i run tomcat it starts fine.
>
> When i run apache it gives a error :
>
> "invalid command 'loadmodule', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
> not included in your server environment.

Read: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s62

    1.  Make sure your Apache has DSO support. You can check this with
$APACHE_HOME/bin/httpd -l. If you see "mod_so.c" in the output, DSO
support is available. If it's missing, you may have to recompile or
reinstall Apache.

It looks like you don't have DSO support compiled into Apache.

Hope this helps.

--
John Alex Hebert
john@vedalabs.com