Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro> on 2005/04/26 13:50:13 UTC

Can't find module

Hi,

I have seen the following error in the error log:

[Tue Apr 26 14:44:53 2005] [error] Can't locate BMFMS.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/local/intranet/site/modules /usr/local/lib/per
l5/5.8.6/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/intranet) at
/usr/local/intranet/site/scripts/csv_arbitrage.pl line 9.\nBEGIN failed--co
mpilation aborted at /usr/local/intranet/site/scripts/csv_arbitrage.pl line
9.\n

It gives this error in a script running under mod_perl rc5 (by
ModPerl::Registry).

If I run the program from a command line, the program finds that module and
displays the results correctly.

I have used --- use lib "/usr/local/intranet/site/modules"; --- both in the
startup.pl file and in the script.

But if I run it using mod_perl, it tells that it cannot find the module
BMFMS.pm even though that module is there in that directory and has 755
permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Teddy

Re: Can't find module

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> But if I run it using mod_perl, it tells that it cannot find the module
> BMFMS.pm even though that module is there in that directory and has 755
> permissions.

you need to make sure that all of the directories leading up to that module
have the appropriate permissions as well.  this is also most likely the
cause of the problems in your other email.

HTH

--Geoff