Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Franca van Kaam <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 12:18:30 UTC

Forcing code distribution+geographic position of nodes

Hello,

I am fairly new to Storm and Clojure and I am wondering if there is any way
to force the way Nimbus distributes the code to the worker nodes. Also is
there any way to take geographic position of the nodes into account? If
this does not exist yet could you pinpoint me to the right location in the
source code where this could be implemented?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Franca van Kaam

Re: Forcing code distribution+geographic position of nodes

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.
That is possible, that need very careful design to get it right.

The example show in the link I posted below, uses some meta data as
well. This meta data could be your geographical coordinate I guess.

-Matthias

Posted by Franca van Kaam <fr...@gmail.com>.
Ok I will try it, thanks a lot ;)

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.