Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/10/31 18:41:32 UTC

nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)

Just wanted to draw attention to two JIRAs for which we have contributed
patches waiting to be applied.

The first is QPID-3175[1], SSL support in Python client libraries, which
adds the ability to do client authentication over SSL from the python
client. This has been languishing for some time. A new patch was added
in June in response to earlier comments, the original patch was
contributed in March. It's a much needed addition to functionality.

The second one is QPID-3464[2], Fix QPID Build on Debian Squeeze. This
is much more recent but it would obviously be greatly desirable to fix
as many platform/build issues as possible for inclusion in the 0.14
release as this minimises frustration and aids adoption.

The issues are currently assigned to Rafi and Andrew (Stitcher)
respectively. I fully understand that time is a limited resource. If you
aren't going to be able to address these in time for 0.14 highlighting
that early would at least give us as last opportunity to hunt around for
another assignee in time for this release.

Anyone know of any others needing to be highlighted?

--Gordon.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3175
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3464

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 17:41 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> The second one is QPID-3464[2], Fix QPID Build on Debian Squeeze. This
> is much more recent but it would obviously be greatly desirable to fix
> as many platform/build issues as possible for inclusion in the 0.14
> release as this minimises frustration and aids adoption.

Thanks for reminding me: I've added it to my short term list of things
to do.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.
Am 02.11.2011 15:23, schrieb Gordon Sim:
> On 11/02/2011 01:14 PM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>> The debian packaging issues are just cmake related. Jan-Marek is using
>> cmake instead of autotools. The official debian packages don't use cmake
>> in the moment.
>>
>> Feedback: building 0.14alpha for debian worked fine, the tests
>> succeeded.
>
> Great! Thanks again for your continued work here, it is a big step
> forward for Qpid.
>
>> I've to patch a couple of files to make the tests work in the moment:
>> would it be possible to include QPID-3572[3] and QPID-3572[4] for the
>> future release? They should not influence the "normal" builds.
>
> I've now committed both those patches so they should get picked up in
> the beta package set.

Thanks!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.
Am 31.10.2011 18:41, schrieb Gordon Sim:
> Just wanted to draw attention to two JIRAs for which we have
> contributed patches waiting to be applied.
>
> The first is QPID-3175[1], SSL support in Python client libraries,
> which adds the ability to do client authentication over SSL from the
> python client. This has been languishing for some time. A new patch
> was added in June in response to earlier comments, the original patch
> was contributed in March. It's a much needed addition to functionality.
>
> The second one is QPID-3464[2], Fix QPID Build on Debian Squeeze. This
> is much more recent but it would obviously be greatly desirable to fix
> as many platform/build issues as possible for inclusion in the 0.14
> release as this minimises frustration and aids adoption.
>
> The issues are currently assigned to Rafi and Andrew (Stitcher)
> respectively. I fully understand that time is a limited resource. If
> you aren't going to be able to address these in time for 0.14
> highlighting that early would at least give us as last opportunity to
> hunt around for another assignee in time for this release.
>
> Anyone know of any others needing to be highlighted?
>
> --Gordon.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3175
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3464

The debian packaging issues are just cmake related. Jan-Marek is using
cmake instead of autotools. The official debian packages don't use cmake
in the moment.

Feedback: building 0.14alpha for debian worked fine, the tests succeeded.

I've to patch a couple of files to make the tests work in the moment:
would it be possible to include QPID-3572[3] and QPID-3572[4] for the
future release? They should not influence the "normal" builds.

Best,
Cajus

[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3572
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3573