Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/27 12:58:56 UTC

Re: do i need to implement the interface Serializable ?

To my knowledge making a class serializable is to transform it it a stream
of bytes so that it can travel through a network or saved to the disk and
read again to restore to the previous state again.
In web services XML is the media which moves everything from one point to
another.  Objects themselves aren't moving.
At each point the information in that XML can be converted into object
models such as those in AXIOM, XMLBeans object models but they themselves
don't move  through the network.  Also the services and modules etc. are
waiting at a server process taking those XMLs or object models which were
created then and there from XML and do their stuff.