Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "ravishankar.singaram" <by...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/15 10:25:38 UTC

AntInclude doesn't allow Bean Binding

We have a situation, where we need to consume files from a location using
SFTP. There are multiple camel routes created targeting the same location,
with each has different needs to filter the input files. I tried using a Ant
based filter. It works for single route, but If there has to be multiple
routes in the same context, there is no way in the filter to differentiate
among different routes.

Note: The files consumed are being very huge (in GB) and large in number,
the whole idea is to avoid reading the file and then ignoring it.

I was looking for something like Bean expression based binding for
antInclude like, antInclude={bean:regExProvider}. But I understand that the
antInclude option is a String and not an Expression object.
Anyone have suggestions? (Requirement in one line: Ant Based file filter for
multiple routes in the same camel context with different requirements)

-----
Ravishankar Singaram
Technical Lead
Amadeus Software Labs

Re: AntInclude doesn't allow Bean Binding

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM, ravishankar.singaram
<by...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a situation, where we need to consume files from a location using
> SFTP. There are multiple camel routes created targeting the same location,
> with each has different needs to filter the input files. I tried using a Ant
> based filter. It works for single route, but If there has to be multiple
> routes in the same context, there is no way in the filter to differentiate
> among different routes.
>
> Note: The files consumed are being very huge (in GB) and large in number,
> the whole idea is to avoid reading the file and then ignoring it.
>
> I was looking for something like Bean expression based binding for
> antInclude like, antInclude={bean:regExProvider}. But I understand that the
> antInclude option is a String and not an Expression object.
> Anyone have suggestions? (Requirement in one line: Ant Based file filter for
> multiple routes in the same camel context with different requirements)

Why not have individual antIncludes for each route?

Alternative is to write your own file filter and use that. Its like a bean call.

> -----
> Ravishankar Singaram
> Technical Lead
> Amadeus Software Labs