Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Roland DePratti <ro...@cox.net> on 2015/02/21 21:02:48 UTC

RE: Yarn AM is abending job more information

Alex,

Thanks for looking at the output and your feedback.  I want to make sure I
understand your input correctly.

My cluster is a set of old dual core machines and my client is a virtual box
VM with 10 GB mem allocated to it.

I did some more testing (and will continue to do so to track down the
problem).

I found that if I move my jar file to the resource manager server on the
Dell cluster and execute it local (rather than remotely) it runs to a
successful completion. So there is definitely something not right somewhere
and I have to believe it is a setup problem on my part, not a hardware
problem.

Here is the job output:

Thanks

-           rd