Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Julian Gosnell <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/03 10:55:28 UTC

Fwd: Re: LinkageError solved: ant task to deploy Apache SOAP service

 Note: forwarded message attached.

This is a post I made to soap-user that I thought
should go out here.

Apologies if this one has been solved since I last
looked (a few days ago).

I was surprised that I couldn't load exactly the same
version of the same class twice, in two different
ClassLoaders. I tried linux sun 1.3.1 and ibm 1.3.0. I
rebuilt ant, soap and junit with the same version of
crimson and always got the LinkageError.

Jules

Re: Re: LinkageError solved: ant task to deploy Apache SOAP service

Posted by Julian Gosnell <ju...@yahoo.com>.
I tried to simplify it down to nothing - but then it
worked - So I now have no clue what is going on.

It is definitely a subtle interaction between ant and
soap !

when forked the soap client runs fine, when run in-vm,
you get the error I described.

You will need to download soap (
http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/version-2.2/soap-bin-2.2.zip)

look at the docs/install/index.html. (re: mail.jar and
activation.jar)

Somehow get soap deployed (on e.g. TomCat).

put build.xml in the same dir as
crimson,mail,activation and soap.jar.

ensure that the 1st arg in the java call in the
buildfile points at your soap deployment.

run it - you should get the error I enclose.

If you tell the java task to fork - it runs fine with
exactly the same classpath, implying that some strange
interaction with ant is what is breaking it.

I wish I had the time to figure it out, but now I have
a solution I have to press on.

Sorry I can't make it easier.

Thanks for Ant !

Jules

 --- Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote: > Can you send me a simple test case. I have
written