Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeremy Hansen <je...@methanesea.com> on 2003/08/08 19:35:31 UTC

does perchild work in Linux?

I've been trying to use perchild and I've been looking for information on
whether this is actually work or not.  I realize this is an experimental
module but I'm just trying to eliminate the possibility that it's a
configuration problem vs. a broken module.

As soon as I assign more then one ChildPerUserID and coresponding virtual
host, apache just hangs and will no longer serve our pages.

I see the processes for each ChildPerUserID in ps.

If someone says, yes, this is broken, swell, but I'm just trying to be
sure I'm not just doing something wrong in my config.

Here is my config for perchild:

AcceptMutex          fcntl
LockFile             logs/accept.lock
ServerLimit          100
NumServers           20
StartThreads         10
MinSpareThreads      10
MaxSpareThreads     20
MaxThreadsPerChild  40
MaxRequestsPerChild  0

ChildPerUserID virtual virtual 2
ChildPerUserID methsea methsea 2
ChildPerUserID ssltest ssltest 2

and here is an example of one of my virtual hosts:

<VirtualHost methanesea.com:80>
# SuexecUserGroup methsea methsea
AssignUserID methsea methsea
ServerAdmin info@methanesea.com
DocumentRoot /home/WWW/methanesea.com/htdocs
ServerName methanesea.com
ServerAlias www.methanesea.com
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/methanesea.com/error_log
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/methanesea.com/access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/WWW/methanesea.com/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for any feed back.

-jeremy