Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org> on 2022/05/04 08:13:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Backport scalafmt to 1.15 branch

Hi everyone,

The 1.15 release is almost out. We should still discuss whether we want
to backport scalafmt to the release-1.15 branch. Currently, it is quite
cumbersome to backport fixes in the table planner.

It seems scalafmt has stabilized in master. Are you ok with backporting
the changes now and apply the reformatting? The only downside could be
that exception/error messages might use a slightly different line number
for Scala code.

Any other downsides that I forgot? Or other opinions on this topic?

Thanks,

Timo

Re: [DISCUSS] Backport scalafmt to 1.15 branch

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.