Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com> on 2021/02/15 20:01:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.28.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.28.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint 0CCD5EB2A718A56E [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.28.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], publishing the API
reference manual [7], and the blog post [8].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.3.9 and OpenJDK/Oracle JDK
1.8.0_181.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.28.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Cham

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12349499
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.28.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1161/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.28.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/611
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=283321283
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.28.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Yichi Zhang <zy...@google.com>.
nvm, it is broken on master but not broken for the release.

+1

Posted by Yichi Zhang <zy...@google.com>.
-1

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
+1

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
+1.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
Thanks all.
Since it's been more than 72 hours since the vote started, I'll close this
vote and tally results in a separate thread.

- Cham

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)