Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by br...@farrar.com on 2001/12/21 16:30:41 UTC

rasterizer and dpi

I have set the -dpi option to serveral values (various values between 10 and 500) on the resterizer command but the output never changes.  I am using Batik 1.1.1 under Window 2k (and have also tried 1.1 under linux.)  The command I used is:

java org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main batikFX.svg -dpi 100 -d d100.png

I am wondering if the "-dpi" option is functional.  If it is why is it not working on this SVG?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: rasterizer and dpi

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
On Friday 21 December 2001 16:30, brian@farrar.com wrote:
> I have set the -dpi option to serveral values (various values between 10
> and 500) on the resterizer command but the output never changes.  I am
> using Batik 1.1.1 under Window 2k (and have also tried 1.1 under linux.)
> The command I used is:
>
> java org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main batikFX.svg -dpi 100 -d d100.png
>
> I am wondering if the "-dpi" option is functional.  If it is why is it not
> working on this SVG?

the -dpi option provides a way to control how relative css units are
converted into pixels (such as cm or pt). If your document has not units,
that option will have no effect otherwise you should see a difference.

Thierry.