Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2015/06/27 06:06:00 UTC

moderators?

Who are the moderators for this list? We seem to be getting many emails that should not be getting through. Do we need to find some new blood to spread the load?

Re: moderators?

Posted by andrew <mi...@gmail.com>.
Is there nothing that I can download so that my documents can open up on my phone?
andrew miller

From: sebb <se...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:43:32
To: <de...@community.apache.org>

On 29 June 2015 at 19:15, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 29.06.2015 15:58, sebb wrote:
>> One thing to watch out for: if a moderator goes offline for a while
>> and sets up an auto-responder, then I have seen in the past that this
>> can auto-approve moderation requests.
>>
>> I don't know if it's possible to fix this;
>
> Should be.

In theory it can be done since ezmlm is open source software.
However whether or not it is easy to do is another matter entirely.

> The default reply address on moderation mails is set to accept; would
> be better, IMHO, to default to reject and make accepting require some
> extra effort instead.

I disagree.

That would make for a lot more effort by moderators.
At present moderators can use Reply to accept and Reply All to accept and allow.

Moderation is tedious enough without making it harder to do.

RE: moderators?

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.

Re: moderators?

Posted by andrew <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: moderators?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: moderators?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 29.06.2015 15:58, sebb wrote:
> One thing to watch out for: if a moderator goes offline for a while
> and sets up an auto-responder, then I have seen in the past that this
> can auto-approve moderation requests.
>
> I don't know if it's possible to fix this;

Should be. The default reply address on moderation mails is set to

Re: moderators?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
One thing to watch out for: if a moderator goes offline for a while
and sets up an auto-responder, then I have seen in the past that this
can auto-approve moderation requests.

I don't know if it's possible to fix this; I have raised

RE: moderators?

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.

Re: moderators?

Posted by Stefan Reich <st...@googlemail.com>.

RE: moderators?

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
I've seen a number of blank emails recently.  Probably probe emails.

> Who are the moderators for this list?...

I am one, I don't think I should have missed something recently. If you have specific examples of something that was missed I can have a look.

And yes, depending on how many people reply it might be good to get more moderators.

-Bertrand

Re: moderators?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

RE: moderators?

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Dennis just sent me a mail off list indicating that he thinks it may be a technical problem.

Let me look into this when I have more time.

Sent from my Windows Phone
Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.

Re: moderators?

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.