Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "eng.manishkumar@gmail.com" <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 15:45:18 UTC

integrating exsiting java based site with roller.

Hello ,
I am looking to integrate roller with my existing java based website.
Are the APIS what roller is providing for such integration.
What I can see we can run roller as an independent web application.
But I want to use the services as a part of my web application.

Thanks in advanced.
Manish.

Re: integrating exsiting java based site with roller.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Like Nicolas and Edd said, there are a variety of ways to get data in
and out of Roller and integrate Roller with your web application.

I'd recommend using the feeds and web APIs to do integration. Every
Roller blog provides an Atom feed, and an Atom feed per category, tag
and for blog comments. You can also configure a site wide feed of
entries and of comments. There is both AtomPub API and MetaWeblog API
so your app can create, update and delete weblog entries. You can also
customize the templates of any blog to return data in whatever format
you want.

How you use those features depends on your integration use cases.

- Dave

Posted by Edd Grant <ed...@mredd.co.uk>.
Hi Manish,

<en...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello ,
> I am looking to integrate roller with my existing java based website.
> Are the APIS what roller is providing for such integration.
> What I can see we can run roller as an independent web application.
> But I want to use the services as a part of my web application.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
> Manish.

Mobile: +44 (0) 7861 394 543
Web: http://www.eddgrant.com

RE: integrating exsiting java based site with roller.

Posted by Nicolas Muller <n....@nouvellemarque.com>.
Hello,

What do you mean about integration into existing website ?

For that you could

1) Deploy Roller war into the same ear relative to your application and so
include roller in an iFrame :) If needed you could use sso :)
2) To extract data from Roller the best way is to use RSS streams (or Atom)
and display them into your website. The possibilities to filter by tags ou
categories is enough in most cases.
3) You could use API as Metaweblog or blogger API
(http://xmlrpc.free-conversant.com/docs/bloggerAPI)

To my point of views, the RSS solution is the best :) Maybe I say a mistake.

Best regards,
Nicolas