Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jo Bourne <ve...@va.com.au> on 2001/02/25 12:36:03 UTC

Re:
Hi,

I don't know if you can stop cocoon from outputting a doctype all together, but using your cocoon properties you can change what it says in that doctype by changing which default output formater you use.

you need to look at the xml formaters section of the cocoon.properties file and then restart your servlet engine.

cheers
Jo

>Hi,
>
>All html pages generated by cocoon contains by default the following DOCTYPE
>tag:
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN"
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
>

>I have now a problem with Netscape Navigator 6.0 which renders my page in a
>different
>way when this <!DOCTYPE> tags is included. (A Netscape 6.0 special
>'feature')
>
>How can I setup cocoon to not print out the <!DOCTYPE /> tag?
>

>Thanks,
>

>Andi
>

>BTW:
>Will there be an announcement mailing list for cocoon in the near future?
>(like tomcat)

Jo Bourne
Virtual Artists Pty Ltd

Re: Posted by "Anthony E." <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Jo,

I am having this same problem, and got a few results
when I posted the same question.

Checkout this thread....
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=98200298022228&w=2

I haven't yet tried all the fixes mentioned, so I
can't say for sure which one works.

However, I would recommend keeping close eye on the
change in other browsers when you apply these. I
noticed that for one case, fixing the problem for NS
6, now produced the same problem for IE 5.5.

Let me know if you come across a solution!

-Anthony E

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/