Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/01/04 11:28:50 UTC

Re: Aw: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

OK, so the ticket is filed for setting up the website. What happens next?

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent.

Once we have that, and everyone is able to just tweak the site, e.g., fix
links, and push live, we should start moving content from netbeans.org to
netbeans.apache.org, starting with this, i.e., the feature pages:
https://netbeans.org/features/index.html

Once I am able to check everything out, I will try and propose a structure
that matches the structure that we currently use at netbeans.org, so that
the images (with their relative references) will automatically be displayed
correctly.

Gj

Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Februar 2017 um 09:47 Uhr
Von: "Geertjan Wielenga" <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Aw: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Februar 2017 um 17:06 Uhr
Von: "Gary Briggs" <ch...@icculus.org>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Aw: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Christian Lenz <Ch...@gmx.net>.
Sure will add one to the footer.
I will add a Newsletter abonement Input field too.

Regards

Chris

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Februar 2017 um 17:06 Uhr
Von: "Gary Briggs" <ch...@icculus.org>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org

Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Gary Briggs <ch...@icculus.org>.

Re: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
Really not sure what was the reson to remove the other stuff, but it sure
needs to make it's way to the Apache one.

Aw: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Christian Lenz <Ch...@gmx.net>.
Thx Emmanuel,

I will have a look :)

Regards

Chris

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Februar 2017 um 13:32 Uhr
Von: "Emmanuel Lécharny" <el...@gmail.com>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org
This is a great setp forward !

May I mention that you have to follow the trademark requirements which
are listed here :

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Especially the Trademark Attributions Policy piece.

I understand this is a work in progress, I'm just pointing you guys to
things that have to be included at some point. Feel free to ask if you
have any question !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Aw: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
This is a great setp forward !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Aw: Re: Re: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Christian Lenz <Ch...@gmx.net>.
I really want to add the logos of the technologies too to the apache site. All logos and circles are links to existing oracle netbeans pages and github pages (plugins e.g.)
So if there is no problem with linking to current oracle pages (we can change the links after apache has equivilant pages too) then I will do this.

I'm in contact with max, he has a couple of ideas to change smth. Maybe we will discuss the first layer too. it was mainly the first thing what people should if they go to the page, like brackets.io or https://code.visualstudio.com/ does it. But sure maybe we don't need a full viewport section. I can change it. Thx for the feedback.

I know there is no real decision on the logo yet but maybe I can change to that one, which makes most sense of it. I would prefer the attachment. The decision was not make yet, only a proposal, because it fit's best with the phrase apache and the feather if all of this is really needed. But sure we should make a contest via JIRA soon.

Regards

Chris

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 08. Februar 2017 um 12:45 Uhr
Von: "Geertjan Wielenga" <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
If all the stuff on http://netbeans.puls-webagentur.de could be moved to
http://netbeans.apache.org/[http://netbeans.apache.org/], that would be cool -- lots of stuff on that
puls-webagentur page.

Also, could we look at "above the fold/below the fold", i.e., right now, on
my laptop, the screenshot of NetBeans is partly on the page and I need to
scroll down to see all of it. Could the top part be simplified somehow? I
really like a lot everything below the fold on the puls-webagentur page,
i.e., all those logos of supported tools, etc. Let's get that on the Apache
site as well as a very simply and attractive upper part of the page.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 05. Januar 2017 um 05:03 Uhr
Von: "Wade Chandler" <wa...@apache.org>
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: http://netbeans.apache.org

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent, we're moving along. Would be great to have the website up so we
can start posting status announcements there etc for public viewing.

Gj

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.