Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/02/16 06:01:01 UTC

Re: [Result] was: [Vote] Graduate mod_ftp (to an httpd subproject)

Houston - I believe we have liftoff!

mod_ftp@i.a.o podling Vote Thread

mod_ftp-dev@i.a.o podling Vote Summary

dev@HTTPD.a.o Vote Thread

dev@HTTPD.a.o Vote Summary

> +1  Justin Erenkrantz
>     Jim Jagielski
>     Ruediger Pluem
>     Will Rowe
>     Sander Temme
>     Nick Kew (recorded late)
> -1  None
>
> The consensus is that:
>
>   1. mod_ftp be a httpd sub-project (ala mod_box)
>   2. mod_ftp will use the httpd lists (dev, user, etc...)
>      and not have separate lists

Incubator (general@i.a.o) Vote Thread

Incubator (general@i.a.o) Vote Summary
[this post]

Final tally;

+1; wrowe, yoavs, rdonkin, jerenkrantz, bdelacretaz, jim, leosimons
-1; none

In light of this; I declare the vote passed by all three committees,
and will begin the transfer of mod_ftp assets into the httpd project
per their consensus and further discussion to come, and will submit
this as the final mod_ftp subproject report under the incubator's
umbrella.

Incubator, thanks for having us, it's been grand :)

Bill

mod_ftp, FINAL steps; closing the lists.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
>>  1. mod_ftp be a httpd sub-project (ala mod_box)

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp/trunk/

It is now *CLOSED* (gone, in fact, if you look in /incubator)...
and has a new home (thanks Roy) here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/

To move over your currently checked out trunk of mod_ftp, use;

  svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk

and you'll be there.  httpd committers are all set.  I've looked
at the commit activity of the non-httpd committers and see none
who used their commit privileges during incubation.   I would like
to point out that Ryan Morgan engineered a significant portion of
the original code (hey Ryan!) and if/when he has a chance to get
heads-down again in mod_ftp, we would be glad to commit your first
few patches and then consider review committership on merit, with
all honor and glory considered for your original design :)

>>  2. mod_ftp will use the httpd lists (dev, user, etc...)
>>     and not have separate lists

mod_ftp-dev@ is closing NOW.  Subscribe over to dev@httpd.apache.org.
(Blank note to dev-subscribe@httpd.apache.org to get in).  But I
think most folks here are there already.  Also, subscribe now to
cvs@httpd.apache.org for all commit traffic from this point on.

Infrastructure, can mod_ftp-dev subscribes and emails bounce with
instructions to find the discussion now at dev@httpd.apache.org?
Please simply close mod_ftp-cvs@, it should get no more traffic now.

**  3. close http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html

I am cleaning up http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html
and moving it to graduated, and starting the new subproject entry
http://httpd.apache.org/modules/mod_ftp.html with it's summary at
http://httpd.apache.org/modules/index.html - I'll have this committed
Saturday.

It's been a treat, see you at dev@httpd :)

Bill

Re: mod_ftp, next steps.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:41 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>>  1. mod_ftp be a httpd sub-project (ala mod_box)
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp/trunk/
> needs a new home (there are no tags or remaining branches).
>
> Can I suggest;
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/
>
> for the time being?

I'll move it.

....Roy

Re: mod_ftp, next steps.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>  1. mod_ftp be a httpd sub-project (ala mod_box)
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp/trunk/
> needs a new home (there are no tags or remaining branches).

Also forgot one last thing, we don't need much infra, but I'll
update /modules/index.html and /modules/mod_ftp.html etc tomorrow
and let folks tweak that until they are happy, before generating
the site.  Say, over the weekend.

Bill

mod_ftp, next steps.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
>>  1. mod_ftp be a httpd sub-project (ala mod_box)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mod_ftp/trunk/
needs a new home (there are no tags or remaining branches).

Can I suggest;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/

for the time being?

>>  2. mod_ftp will use the httpd lists (dev, user, etc...)
>>     and not have separate lists

Please consider mod_ftp-dev@ closed, and subscribe over here to
(and participate at) dev@httpd.apache.org.

Also, subscribe to cvs@httpd.apache.org for future commit traffic
after 1. above has been completed.

**  3. close http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html

We will update this when 1. is determined and has been moved (it aught
to include the appropriate redirect), and when this happens, we will
send notice to infrastructure@ to shutter mod_ftp-dev@ - do we want that
traffic, if there was any, to be redirected here?

Sound like a plan?

Bill