Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de> on 2005/07/04 16:38:36 UTC

[offtopic] ClearCase/cleartool with ssh ?

Offtopic, but as there are a couple of ClearCase users around
on that list and google didn't bring up anything.

In our buildprocess we want to use a ClearCase snapshotview
on a remote unix machine.

But no telnet / ftp allowed.

Is there any possiblity to run the ClearCase client with ssh ?

Maybe with wrapping the cleartool command line interface into
<ssh ... />  with ant ?

I know of ClearCase Multisite, but there only the communication
between different servers is with ssh.

Gilbert

Re: [offtopic] ClearCase/cleartool with ssh ?

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
With SSH you can run anything on a remote computer (much like rexec).
You can just use <exec> for that. Please configure SSH to use key
authentication, so no password is requested.

- Alexey.