Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com> on 2011/10/03 17:56:35 UTC

Re: Compiling qpid in Windows

I have published a set of boost 1.47 libraries compiled by MSVC9 (2008) and
MSVC10 (2010), both 32-bit and 64-bit. This is to support my VS2010 conversion
activity but the results are probably useful to others as well.

https://people.apache.org/~chug/boost-win-1.47/

To use these libraries:

1. download the zipped tarball of your choice.

2. unzip
   I use 7-zip.
   Unzipped files are about 500 Mbytes. Be prepared.

3. untar
   I use cygwin tar.
   Untarring has an issue when directories are nested too deeply.
   I use a subst drive to dodge deep nesting issues.
     a. cd <dir of tar file>    | go the work area
     b. subst w: .              | create a drive W:\
     c. w:                      | set default drive to W:
     d. untar

4. steer cmake to these files by setting BOOST_ROOT to the path that holds
   the 'include' and 'lib' directories.
   Older versions of cmake may not recognize boost-1.47. You may need to add
     set (Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS "1.47" "1.47.0")
   to CMakeLists.txt just before 'find_package(Boost...'

5. put the 'lib' directory on your PATH so the DLLs are picked up at run time.

Regards,
Chuck