Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by danielitos85 <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 12:30:15 UTC

Solr 4.4 problem with loading DisMaxRequestHandler

Hi guys,

I'm using a clean solr 4.4 installation and I have add in my solrconfig.xml
the following lines:

<requestHandler name="dismax" class="solr.DisMaxRequestHandler" >
     <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="echoParams">all</str>
     <float name="tie">0.01</float>
     <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
     <str name="f.name.hl.fragsize">0</str>
     <str name="f.text.hl.fragmenter">regex</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

but when I start my solr he return an error:

*Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: solr.DisMaxRequestHandler*

In my dist folder I have all the defaults library and also in the lib folder
into my core
please, any suggests?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Solr 4.4 problem with loading DisMaxRequestHandler

Posted by danielitos85 <da...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot ;)

Re: Solr 4.4 problem with loading DisMaxRequestHandler

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You must have upgraded from a very old release of Solr. There is no
DisMaxRequestHandler.

Just use the standard request handler for "/select" in the Solr example
config and then add a boolean for the "defType" parameter to set it to
dismax to enable the dismax query parser.

-- Jack Krupansky