Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/25 08:39:33 UTC

Partial State-Saving

Hey *,

I've finally found the time to go through the partial state-saving
stuff Martin Haimberger did through his Google SoC assignment and we
have together made sure the kinks are polished out pretty much. The
rest will:

a) enable much less state saved per each request (by a factor of 3,
4), at least with the MyFaces examples, we haven't tried with
real-world applications that much so far (we'd be happy about
additional data from you)
b) allow tree-building just like in 1.2. You basically get most 1.2
features with 1.1 like this.

The jira issue with the patch is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1541

I wanted to wait with the commit until the release is out, and I
encourage you to do a lot of testing. Martin will be around next week
to fix anything that comes up.

Martin, please create a WIKI page where you describe how stuff can be
configured.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Partial State-Saving

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ja...@hookom.net>.
If determining all possible object compositions doesn't work-- what
about piggy backing on JBoss's work and do something at the
ObjectOutputStream level?

Re: Partial State-Saving

Posted by Martin Haimberger <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hy Jacob,

Re: Partial State-Saving

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ja...@hookom.net>.
This seams a bit odd:

 private TreeStructComponent
internalBuildInitalTreeStructureToSave(UIComponent
component,FacesContext facesContext, Object state, int childIndex)
    {

        Object myState = null;
        Map facetStateMap = null;
        List childrenStateList = null;