Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/16 21:04:47 UTC

MVN Site doesn't bring Project Modules structure properly

I have project like this.

MainProject

     ---- SubProject1

     ---  SubProject2

     ----  SubProject3

And i am trying to execute MVN SITE command. I am able to setup all other
section in Project Information Section.

All sub module's POM.XML have SubProject1 entry for this, that's why i am
able to see that module name in Project Modules Section.

But when i am trying to click the submodule link it's looking for HTML file
under PARENT PROJECT so something like this.

MainProject/target/site/SubModule1/index.html

Actually that location i don't find anything. So what is the correct
approach for MultiModule structure SITE creating ?
Looking for some good multi module(SITE) material or website to read on
this and which can fix my issue. Or if you have guys have any POM.XML to
use it please post it here.

Re: MVN Site doesn't bring Project Modules structure properly

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Benson !!!

This is what i was looking for. I made following entry and it's working all
right now... Thx again.

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>3.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <reportPlugins>
                        <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
                            <version>2.4</version>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                            <version>2.8</version>
                        </plugin>
                    </reportPlugins>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
That'd be the Javadoc Plugin:

On 2012-01-16 22:36, Daivish Shah wrote:
> Thanks Dennis for your quick reply on this...
>

> And how to associate JAVADOC with this MVN submodule project ? As all
> submodules has JAVADOC and i want to associate those with MVN SITE, How can
> i do that ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>wrote:
>

>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/faq.html#Why_dont_the_links_between_parent_and_child_modules_work_when_I_run_mvn_site
>>
>> On 2012-01-16 21:04, Daivish Shah wrote:
>>> I have project like this.
>>>
>>> MainProject
>>>
>>>      ---- SubProject1
>>>
>>>      ---  SubProject2
>>>
>>>      ----  SubProject3
>>>

>>> And i am trying to execute MVN SITE command. I am able to setup all other
>>> section in Project Information Section.
>>>
>>> All sub module's POM.XML have SubProject1 entry for this, that's why i am
>>> able to see that module name in Project Modules Section.
>>>
>>> But when i am trying to click the submodule link it's looking for HTML
>> file
>>> under PARENT PROJECT so something like this.
>>>
>>> MainProject/target/site/SubModule1/index.html
>>>
>>> Actually that location i don't find anything. So what is the correct
>>> approach for MultiModule structure SITE creating ?
>>> Looking for some good multi module(SITE) material or website to read on
>>> this and which can fix my issue. Or if you have guys have any POM.XML to
>>> use it please post it here.
>>>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: MVN Site doesn't bring Project Modules structure properly

Posted by Daivish Shah <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg