Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca> on 2010/08/13 16:59:35 UTC

[doxia] attributes on elements in xdoc being unexpectedly scrubbed from resulting HTML code

Hi,

I'm using the following simple table with xdoc and the maven site plugin:

             <thead>

             </thead>

             <tbody>

             </tbody>

The problem is that the resulting HTML code is missing both the class
and colspan attributes on the td elements.

I've also tried changing the class="good" for style="background:green;",
and the result is the same.

According to the xdoc schema, class, colspan and style are all legal
attributes for the td element:
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia/doxia-modules/doxia-module-xdoc/xsddoc/http___maven.apache.org_XDOC_2.0/element/td.html

Furthermore, the Doxia FAQ seems to imply that the style attribute is
supported in xdoc:
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/faq.html#How_to_handle_style_in_the_APT_markup_language

So, I'm a bit confused as to what is going on here. Is this a bug? Is
there any way I can make these attributes appear in the resulting HTML code?

I'd greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,

Jake

Re: [doxia] attributes on elements in xdoc being unexpectedly scrubbed from resulting HTML code

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.
Great, that resolved my issue. Thanks for your help,

Jake

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-08-13 19:00, Jacob Beard wrote:
> I'm quite new to maven, so please excuse me if these questions seem
> elementary. Right now, I have the following in my pom.xml file:

No problem, that's what this list is for.

>   <parent>
>
>     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>
>     <artifactId>commons-sandbox-parent</artifactId>
>
>     <version>9</version>
>
>   </parent>
>
> The pom.xml file at
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-sandbox-parent/9/commons-sandbox-parent-9.pom
> then has this:
>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>     <artifactId>commons-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>15</version>
>
>   </parent>
>
> And commons-parent then has this:
>
>         <plugin>
>
>           <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>           <artifactId>maven-site-plugin</artifactId>
>           <version>2.0.1</version>
>         </plugin>
>

> So it seems like, by defining version 9 of commons-sandbox-parent as the
> parent in my pom.xml file, I will use version 2.0.1 of
> maven-site-plugin. How can I use version 2.1.1 instead?

Add this to your project's pom.xml:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.1.1</version>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

> Let me know what you think. Thanks,
>
> Jake
>
> On 10-08-13 12:11 PM, Jacob Beard wrote:
>> How do I check that?
>>
>> Jake
>>
>> On 10-08-13 12:08 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>>> Which version of the Site Plugin are yo using?
>>> The latest version for use with Maven 2 is 2.1.1.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [doxia] attributes on elements in xdoc being unexpectedly scrubbed from resulting HTML code

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.
How do I check that?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

On 2010-08-13 16:59, Jacob Beard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the following simple table with xdoc and the maven site plugin:

>             <thead>

>             </thead>
>
>             <tbody>

>             </tbody>

> The problem is that the resulting HTML code is missing both the class
> and colspan attributes on the td elements.
>
> I've also tried changing the class="good" for style="background:green;",
> and the result is the same.
>
> According to the xdoc schema, class, colspan and style are all legal
> attributes for the td element:
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia/doxia-modules/doxia-module-xdoc/xsddoc/http___maven.apache.org_XDOC_2.0/element/td.html
>

> Furthermore, the Doxia FAQ seems to imply that the style attribute is
> supported in xdoc:
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/faq.html#How_to_handle_style_in_the_APT_markup_language
>

> So, I'm a bit confused as to what is going on here. Is this a bug? Is
> there any way I can make these attributes appear in the resulting HTML
> code?
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,
>
> Jake

Dennis Lundberg