Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/16 22:51:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Propose reverting HIVE-10304 CLI deprecation message

I apologize for not catching this sooner, but I'd like to revert this patch.

Something as major as deprecating a component should be discussed on the
dev list, not just put in as a patch.

Alan.

Re: [DISCUSS] Propose reverting HIVE-10304 CLI deprecation message

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
To be clear I'm not saying I oppose deprecating it.  I am not sure
whether I do or not.  It's a major change and I want to make sure we
discuss it and understand if there's any work to do before removing it,
whether beeline supports everything CLI does, how it will impact users,
and how we want to communicate it to users, etc.

Thanks for understanding and being willing to pull this out while we
have the discussion.

Alan.

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.