Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Andrews <ma...@cranite.com> on 2003/05/29 23:28:38 UTC

Setting Tomcat to run as a service with recovery settings to restart if the service stops.

Hello,
I am looking into some problems we are having with our current
jakarta-tomcat installation running as a service. I need to set the
recovers settings for the service when it fails / crashes. I would like
to set this at install time. Is there any way that you know of to do
this, and or can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
// MjA

Re: Setting Tomcat to run as a service with recovery settings to restart if the service stops.

Posted by Scott Reynolds <re...@yahoo.com>.
I have this at the bottom of my startup.bat file:

  :run
  echo.>%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt
  call "%EXECUTABLE%" run %CMD_LINE_ARGS%
  if exist %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt goto run

And this at the bottom of my shutdown.bat file:

  if exist %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt del %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt
  call "%EXECUTABLE%" stop %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

That way if Tomcat crashes, or stops for any reason other than being stopped by
shutdown.bat, it gets restarted by the startup.bat file.

Scott Reynolds