Posted to repository@apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2005/06/28 11:38:23 UTC

Re: java repositories

Gang,

On 28-06-2005 11:17, "Torsten Curdt" <tc...@apache.org> wrote:
> not sure if this is more a infra or a general@jakarta
> question but ...we have this two java repositories on
> minotaur.

Both seem fine. Infra@ seems the right list g@j probably gets you an answer
too :-)

> /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> /www/cvs.apache.org/repository
>
> To my understanding /www/cvs.apache.org/repository is for
> snapshots, /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository holds
> releases and gets synced to ibiblio.
>
> I would like to put up a snapshot of jakarta slide so
> jakarta commons vfs can use it from the apache repo
> until there is an official release (of the 2.2/trunk
> version).
>
> Unfortunately I don't have permissions yet - I am not in
> the apcvs group. Could I get access?

It seems strange that you need to be in apcvs to upload snapshots.

> Are there any particular rules for the snapshot repo?

Not yet, at least I wouldn't know. The repository@ people are managing this.
I'm guessing Mark Diggory set up /www/cvs.apache.org/repository, he owns the
dir. I vaguely recall hearing about this a while ago, but wouldn't know what
was the idea anymore.

/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

is synced to our mirrors so is only for releases, not development use.

Repository@ guys, could you get improved documentation on this up on
www.apache.org/dev/? The site is in

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk

Please holler if you need karma for it.

In the meantime, kindly answer Torsten please :-)

Cheers,

Leo

Re: java repositories

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm. i used the "pw groupmod"  to add everyone. i can see it in
/etc/group file. but it does not reflect (EVEN after i logoff and
login)

[dims@minotaur dims]$groups dims
dims cvsadmin apmember apsite incubator svnadmin cocoon ws gump
portals geronimo lenya

-- dims

Re: java repositories

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: java repositories

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Re: java repositories

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.
It works. Thanks.

Re: java repositories

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Justin had to patch libc :)

Re: java repositories

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>>Something is wrong with that group, I'm no more member of it and I'm
>>not be able to deploy to /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ nor
>>/www/cvs.apache.org/repository, which used to work.
>

> Can you try again?

Hurray :-D
works for me!

Thanks, mate!
...just currious - what was it?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: java repositories

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Re: java repositories

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: java repositories

Posted by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com>.

CVS->SVN (Fwd: apcvs group)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
FYI. Hard stop deadline - January 1st 2006