Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Eugeniu Semenciuc <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/27 21:38:13 UTC

Contribute ApacheIgnite

Hello,

  My name is Semenciuc Eugeniu, i'm a Romanian software developer with 4 -5
years experience.
I recently started working with Apache Ignite, and I'm very excited about
his capabilities.
I would like to contribute to the development of this platform.
I think my good mathematical background can be useful in the development of
the issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6878.
I would be grateful if you could add me to the contributors list in order
to be able to assign the ticket to myself.
My JIRA details:
Full Name: Semenciuc Eugeniu
Email: semenciuc.eugeniu@gmail.com

Thanks, Semenciuc Eugeniu.

Re: Contribute ApacheIgnite

Posted by Eugeniu Semenciuc <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello Yury,

  Thanks for your advice. I started to get more familiar with ML library,
and if I will be stuck in the development process, I would be grateful if
you could give me some ideas, advice.

Thanks, Eugeniu.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Eugeniu,

Thanks for showing an interest in Ignite and welcome aboard!

I granted you required privileges in JIRA, so go ahead and take over the ticket.

Yury, who is one of ML maintainers can answer on all the IGNITE-6878 related questions in a separate discussion. Please start it off.

Finally…

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEA:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list sharing your JIRA id, so we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

These are the easy tickets to start with:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4549?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie)%20and%20status%20%3D%20OPEN

While those are more advanced but appealing:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Looking forward to your contributions!
Denis