Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/08/14 05:28:21 UTC

CVE-2007-3382: Handling of cookies containing a ' character

Re: CVE-2007-3382: Handling of cookies containing a ' character

Posted by jkew <jo...@sourcelabs.com>.
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Until now I didn't notice a commited fix for the cookie problem, but
> Mark or Filip might comment whether there are plans to include a fix
> in 5.5.25.

For CVE 3382, the fix appears to be in 5.5.x HEAD (rev 559280 and rev
557468) and 6.0.x HEAD (rev 557467) -- These checkins were committed
around July 19th. These checkins may also apply to CVE-3385 but I'm
still researching.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/Cookies.java?view=log
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/Cookies.java?view=log

-John

Re: CVE-2007-3382: Handling of cookies containing a ' character

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Christopher,

Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Versions Affected:
>> 5.5.0 to 5.5.24
>
> Since 5.5.24 isn't yet released, will an upcoming 5.5.24 release include
> a fix for this problem given:

Filip asked about interest in a 5.5.25. The plan at this point in time
is to tag a new release at the end of the week. 5.5.24 as a version
number was already used (but not released) and we won't reroll a new
tarball with a version number, that was already used before.

Until now I didn't notice a commited fix for the cookie problem, but
Mark or Filip might comment whether there are plans to include a fix in
5.5.25.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: CVE-2007-3382: Handling of cookies containing a ' character

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.