Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cooshal <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/24 08:44:23 UTC

Optimize broker settings for scaling

Hi:

I am using ActiveMQ 5.15.4 on Windows.

I am trying to optimize my broker for scaling issues. I read the book
"ActiveMQ in action" and also went through this article
(https://javabeat.net/deploying-activemq-for-large-numbers-of-concurrent-applications/).

Currently, I am trying to use the same broker for both staging and prod
environments (due to resource constraints, I have to do this). Thus, I have
configured the kahaDB storage for prod and staging environments as:

<mKahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/kahadb">
    <filteredPersistenceAdapters>
        <filteredKahaDB queue="staging.>">
        	<persistenceAdapter>
            	<kahaDB />
            </persistenceAdapter>
        </filteredKahaDB>

        <filteredKahaDB queue="prod.>">
            <persistenceAdapter>
            	<kahaDB />
            </persistenceAdapter>
        </filteredKahaDB>
    </filteredPersistenceAdapters>
</mKahaDB>

My query is, does this setting help improve the broker performance (or
doesn't change) or make even worse?

Regards,
Cooshal.