Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/08/01 22:16:13 UTC

Re: Aegis and inheritance: issue migrating from 2.3.9 to 2.7.5

This certainly looks like a bug.  Can you create a small test case and attache to a JIRA?

Dan

On Jul 29, 2013, at 12:05 PM, vincentr42 <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Migrating from CXF 2.3.9 to 2.7.5, we encounter an issue regarding the aegis
> marshalling in 2.7.5 when a class extend another. Indeed, attributes
> declared on the parent class are now present twice.
>
> My use case is:
>
> A) A class named /ViewDataObject/ annotated with /@XmlType/ that extends a
> class named  /GroupDataObject/:
>

> B) The parent class (/GroupDataObject/) contains XML attributes:
>

> Using CXF 2.7.5 version, I get this weird xml, when /ViewDataObject/ is
> marshalled, where attributes of /GroupDataObject/ appear twice:
>
> One time with the namespace provided on /ViewDataObject/ and a second with
> default namespace from /GroupDataObject/...
>
> Worst, when forcing (to see if that could solve our problem) the namespace
> on parent object (/GroupDataObject/) using:
>

> the xml generated is simply invalid, still containing the attributes twice
> but this time with the same namespace...
>
> ---
>
> That was not the case using CXF 2.3.9 where we got the expected xml message:
>

> Has anyone already encountered the same issue ?
> Any help would be gladly welcome.
>
> Kind regards,
> Vincent

Daniel Kulp

Re: Aegis and inheritance: issue migrating from 2.3.9 to 2.7.5

Posted by vincentr42 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Jira issue created:  CXF-5176
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5176>

Kind regards,
Vincent

Re: Aegis and inheritance: issue migrating from 2.3.9 to 2.7.5

Posted by vincentr42 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Have you had the time to look at the created Jira issue (CXF-5176) ?
I have provided a complete test case and a patch proposal: Let me know if I
should do more or if I could help in any way.

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

Re: Aegis and inheritance: issue migrating from 2.3.9 to 2.7.5

Posted by vincentr42 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah sure. I will create it.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,