Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Prasad Sarma <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/27 23:17:49 UTC

qn reg. axis2 on RAD 6.0

hi All,
  I am starting to work on axis2. I am working on
WebSphere 5.1 test environment on RAD6,I installed 2
plugins for axis2 ..java2wsdl and service archive and
I have created a webservice and created aar file from
it .
Now  I want to deploy this webservice on my current
web application. I am having trouble deploying this
aar file. Could some body please help me where I am
going wrong.
Here is what I have done so far.
In my web application
1. I have created a 'services' folder under WEB-INF
which I declared as repository for axis2 and kept my
aar file and version.aar file, services.list in it, I
listed both aars in services.list

2. I copied jars from axis2-war ( that I downloaded
from axis2 website and extracted libraries) to
WEB-INF/lib of my web application
3. I created a 'conf' directory in WEB-INF and placed
axis2.xml in that folder
4. I placed the entry for axis2 servlet in my web.xml
as
--
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.xml.url</param-name>

<param-value>http://localhost:9080/myrepo/axis2.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.repository.url</param-name>

<param-value>http://localhost:9080/myrepo</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
---
and I get an excpetion as
--
Did not realize  init() exception thrown by servlet
AxisServlet: javax.servlet.ServletException....

start from there but is there any way to configure
axis2 in my current web application with out going
thru axis-1.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Prasad

RE: problems while deploying using .aar files

Posted by Brennan Spies <br...@sbcglobal.net>.
The major-minor version error is an easy one...you are running JRE 1.4 but
the jaxb-api jar is compiled with JSE 5. JAXB-RI (v.2) requires JSE 5, so
you are out of luck if you are trying to run on WebSphere 5.x, which doesn't
support JSE 5 (you'll need version 6.1 to do this...). If you stick with
JAXB, you'll have to down-rev to v. 1 (Apache JaxMe is the Axis2-supported
implementation).

As far as I'm aware, though, support for JAXB (1 or 2) is still experimental
in Axis2, so (since you are starting from WSDL) you might be better off
trying XmlBeans, JiBX, or ADB databinding.

As for the first error, this occurs in fromOM() which is the standard method
in generated classes for converting from Axiom -> <your databinding>. Was
probably a bug that got fixed in 1.1.1 (?).

Posted by Prasad Sarma <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Brennan

------

[...]

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
[...]
com.nationwide.marketlink.ws.generated.AGMWebServicesMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(AGMWebServicesMessageReceiverInOut.java:68)
... 26 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unexpected subelement request at
com.nationwide.marketlink.ws.types.RetrieveOpportunityCountByPriority$Factory.parse(RetrieveOpportunityCountByPriority.java:280)
at
com.nationwide.marketlink.ws.generated.AGMWebServicesMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(AGMWebServicesMessageReceiverInOut.java:213)
... 27 more</Exception>
</detail>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

------

----

and I could see

jaxb-api-2.0.2.jar

being added to axis2-1.1.1 which has this class
Could some one please tell me what to do?
Thanks in advance
Prasad

--- Brennan Spies <br...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> This is the problem I was referring to before. Only
> way to get around it is
> to use "PARENT_LAST" classloading at the SERVER
> level (doesn't seem to work
> when done at the app or web container level). For
> this reason I defined a
> new server instance just for Axis 2.0, so I would
> not affect other apps
> running on the container.

=== message truncated ===

RE: problems while deploying using .aar files

Posted by Prasad Sarma <sa...@yahoo.com>.

RE: qn reg. axis2 on RAD 6.0

Re: qn reg. axis2 on RAD 6.0

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.