Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> on 2016/05/19 06:32:14 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] New site layout - Apache CMS

 > switch to this new site and to the Apache CMS?

The vote was launched more than 48h ago. We already have four +1 binding
votes (Mike Kienenberger, Nathan Bubna, Will Glass-Husain and Claude
Brisson), plus one +1 non-binding vote (Jacob Champlin).

So let's do it! I open the request to infra.

   Claude

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] New site layout - Apache CMS

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I'm still a non-binding vote as well.

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Infra's answer:

 > Hi Claude,
 > We are currently not accepting new projects for the CMS system until
we have migrated it to a new machine and tidied it up.

 > We will announce on the infrastructure list when the CMS is
(hopefully) accepting new requests again.

That doesn't block us from publishing the new site. Except, we won't
have the nice editing bookmarklet and other CMS features yet.
We just have to publish the site locally (the procedure is explained on
the site) and push it online with svnpubsub.
I'll do it in a near future.

   Claude

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 2:38 AM, Perry Tew <pe...@ultracart.com> wrote:
> Hey man, it's cool.  I figured since I was just a lurker I didn't count.  :)
> But really, I shouldn't count.  I've only taken from this project, never
> given, so no apologies.
> The site looks stellar, btw.  Great job.

Perry, "binding" is a legal term, not a value judgement.  Your opinion
on this matter is important, especially since you are an end user of
velocity.

However, only members of the project management committee (PMC) have
the legal authority to make certain decisions, such as approving
releases or adding new committers/PMC members.

In this particular decision, however, I don't think "binding" applies
as this is more of a technical decision than a legal one.

RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] New site layout - Apache CMS

Sorry. And *two* +1 non-binding votes (Perry Tew, Jacob Champlin).

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Here's the Infra JIRA request:

   Claude

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.