Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gunjan Garge <gu...@persistent.co.in> on 2013/09/02 19:40:44 UTC

fetching information in bulk

Hi
I m testing a soap api for fetching information of multiple users.

I was wondering how can this be achieved using jmeter.

I have provisioned 1000 users and want to fetch info of 100 users per req.

That is 1-100 userid in request 1
101- 200 userid in request 2
So and so forth.

The message should look something like,
Request 1 :-
.
.
<userid>1</userid>
<userid>2</userid>
.
.
<userid>100</userid>

Request 2 :-
.
.
<userid>101</userid>
<userid>102</userid>
.
.
<userid>200</userid>

I am unable to come with an idea to achieve it. Please help!

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Gunjan Garge
Sent from my iPhone

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: fetching information in bulk

Posted by Nicola Ambrosetti Brolin <am...@gmail.com>.
I'd start by using a SOAP/XML-RPC Request sampler (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#SOAP/XML-RPC_Request)
and then an XPath Extractor postprocessor (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#XPath_Extractor).
Then you can use the For Each Controller to run through the results.

The annoying thing with Jmeter is however that you need to construct the
SOAP request by hand. If you don't know how to do it you can use SoapUI
(the community edition is free) to generate the soap request from the WSDL
and then paste it into the SOAP/XML-RPC Request sampler.