Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2003/11/03 14:26:31 UTC

Re: Apache.WebServices.Next?

Hi Glen,

I understand what you have in mind (since we chatted in Sept.
about this and I imagine we will over the next few days @ the
WSDL mtg :-)), but I'd like to get these other projects going
without delay. That is, let's work on a "module" architecture
but get it going the "hard" way right now.

Glad to see that we have multiple RM implementations. What
I suggest is we put them both in and then take the best of
both to make the final version. The impl from the Sri Lankan
guys is persistent (using mysql (via JDBC I believe)) and it
separates the endpoint manager from the actual application.
However, it builds in knowledge of WS-Addressing rather than
separating that cleanly. The right architecture IMO is to
"burn-in" (or close to it as possible) WS-Addr knowledge to
Axis and then do RM using the endpoint manager architecture.
Let's defer this discussion to the sandesha-dev mailing list!

There hasn't been any other comments on this. Time to vote
and go ahead?

Sanjiva.