Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by arebassa arebassa <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/21 22:32:31 UTC

apache developers documentation!!!

Hi all,

  I'm very newbie to apache development and I'd like to know more
about it. Is there any documentation about the functionalities of the
differents parts of code? how the code is structured? what is a bucket
brigade?... I have started looking at the documentation at
http://docx.webperf.org/index.html but I wander if there is any
documentation more focused on newbies.

Thank you very much for your help and apologize if this question has
been already made thousands of times.
--
Arnau

Re: apache developers documentation!!!

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wednesday 22 June 2005 17:51, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Note that http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/ is supposed to be
> the canonical location for developer docs and links.  Nick, could you
> add a link to your site?

Done.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I guess I didn't originally, because I started the apachetutor site before
getting commit, and didn't want to bug people and come across as a
"link to me" wannabe:-)

--
Nick Kew

Re: apache developers documentation!!!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 21:32, arebassa arebassa wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>  I'm very newbie to apache development and I'd like to know more
>>about it. Is there any documentation about the functionalities of the
>>differents parts of code? how the code is structured? what is a bucket
>>brigade?... I have started looking at the documentation at
>>http://docx.webperf.org/index.html but I wander if there is any
>>documentation more focused on newbies.
>

> If I might blow my own trumpet:-
>
> (1) http://www.apachetutor.org/  - go to the Developer tutorials (which is
> the only section of the site with any contents).
>
> (2) http://www.apachecon.com/ - come to our module developers tutorial
> and other talks.

Note that http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/ is supposed to be
the canonical location for developer docs and links.  Nick, could you
add a link to your site?

Joshua.

Re: apache developers documentation!!!

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.