Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Will Spies/Towers Perrin <sp...@towers.com> on 2001/04/03 14:35:40 UTC

ActionForm vs. ActionFormBean

I would like to supply a new class for my Forms. When I look at the view
documentation and the example, I see that it uses an 'ActionForm' class.
However, when I look at the controller documentation it refers to an
'ActionFormBean' class. When I go and look at the struts source I find both
of these classes. Which one is it? What's the difference?

Re: How to receive name of page in Tag

Posted by Marcin Baj <ba...@softgroup.net.pl>.
Thanks a lot,

Bajo
Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
you could do something like:

Re: ActionForm vs. ActionFormBean

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
The ActionForm class is the base class from which your form bean classes
should be derived. The ActionFormBean class is used internally by the Struts
controller, and is very rarely used in Struts applications.

--
Martin Cooper