Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by ol...@gmx.de on 2012/08/26 14:13:45 UTC

How to confirm old issues with AOO 3.4.1 ?

Hi,

How can I confirm old issues with new versions of AOO?

Background: Some of my issues are more than 10 years old - originally submitted with oo 1.0 ;-)
Some of them still exist, others may be fixed without closing the corresponding issue.

Btw: I was told not to change the "Version" field.

Could we add a field "last confirmed with AOO", for example?
IMHO this would be more effective than adding a simple comment.

Best Regards
Oliver

Re: How to confirm old issues with AOO 3.4.1 ?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver,

On 26.08.2012 14:13, oliver.brinzing@gmx.de wrote:
> How can I confirm old issues with new versions of AOO?
>
> Background: Some of my issues are more than 10 years old - originally submitted with oo 1.0 ;-)
> Some of them still exist, others may be fixed without closing the corresponding issue.
>
> Btw: I was told not to change the "Version" field.
>
> Could we add a field "last confirmed with AOO", for example?
> IMHO this would be more effective than adding a simple comment.

Good idea. I added the custom field "cf_lastconfirmedver" which you'll
find under the title "Latest Confirmation on".

There are some minor problems though. The versions available for that
field should be the ones from "target milestones", but linking these two
entries is not possible in the current version of Bugzilla. Also only
members with "canconfirm" bits should be able to change the field but as
of now it cannot be protected.

Herbert