Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Bach <ba...@paus.ch> on 2000/12/17 22:35:56 UTC

strange caching

Hello list

at first, sorry for my english, my motherlanguage is (swiss)-german

i'm not (yet) that used with this stuff, but i've a really strange problem
i'm using apache (1.3.12), mod-perl (1.21), Perl (5.005_03 built for
i586-linux),DBI (1_14), mySQL (3.22.32)
this is only my test- and evolution-environment, i'll put my project later
to a provider, but if this is a bug somewhere i'll go around

i've a perl-script which reads data from my database and puts it into a web
browser,
but if i change/add the data in my database this script won't show me the
changings
if i run the query in the normal mysql-frontend, i find the new datas

i found out that the server runs the script (i read other data from
text-files => changings inthere are puted out in the webbrowser) and mySQL
processes the queries (i locked in the log-files)

sometimes i can reload the page and then it shows me once the old datas
anothertime the new datas (internet explorer alternately and netscape
navigator 'randomly')

if a modifiy/save the script => all goes fine

but i don't want to save it everytime I (or the rest of the world) change my
database ;(

i've heard of another (in a german mySQL-mailinglist) who had also this
problem, but he didn't really solved it (he goes around)

does anyone of you know this problem (and perhaps a fix)?

sorry if it's offtopic

Thanks alot!

Thomas Bach
babit@paus.ch

RE: strange caching

Posted by Thomas Bach <ba...@paus.ch>.
!thanks alot!

i don't yet look really through, but once i'll ;)
fact is: IT WORKS!

Re: strange caching

Posted by Ajit Deshpande <aj...@skycorp.net>.

Re: strange caching

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Thomas Bach wrote:

> Hello list
>
> at first, sorry for my english, my motherlanguage is (swiss)-german
>
> i'm not (yet) that used with this stuff, but i've a really strange problem
> i'm using apache (1.3.12), mod-perl (1.21), Perl (5.005_03 built for
> i586-linux),DBI (1_14), mySQL (3.22.32)
> this is only my test- and evolution-environment, i'll put my project later
> to a provider, but if this is a bug somewhere i'll go around
>
> i've a perl-script which reads data from my database and puts it into a web
> browser,
> but if i change/add the data in my database this script won't show me the
> changings
> if i run the query in the normal mysql-frontend, i find the new datas
>
> i found out that the server runs the script (i read other data from
> text-files => changings inthere are puted out in the webbrowser) and mySQL
> processes the queries (i locked in the log-files)
>
> sometimes i can reload the page and then it shows me once the old datas
> anothertime the new datas (internet explorer alternately and netscape
> navigator 'randomly')
>
> if a modifiy/save the script => all goes fine
>
> but i don't want to save it everytime I (or the rest of the world) change my
> database ;(
>
> i've heard of another (in a german mySQL-mailinglist) who had also this
> problem, but he didn't really solved it (he goes around)
>
> does anyone of you know this problem (and perhaps a fix)?

Please read the mod_perl Guide:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/

Especially these sections:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Exposing_Apache_Registry_secret