Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/03/12 19:13:46 UTC

Improving REST on Axis2/C

Hi all,

I'm starting on the 2nd phase of REST support of Axis2/C. This will feature,

1. Use of correct status codes. (At present we use just a little more than
the bare minimum.) I'm looking forward for more informative statuses, and
most preliminary work will be done based on the Simple Axis2 HTTP Server.
The Apache and IIS modules will be look at later.

2. Ability for client and service to specify custom headers. The allowed
type and number will be limited according to the type of HTTP verb used.

3. Ability for client to specify MIME types from a predefined list of
constants. This will give them more flexibility especially when it comes
to PUT/POST requests.

If there are any other immediate concerns please let me know.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Improving REST on Axis2/C

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senaka,

"Senaka Fernando" <se...@wso2.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting on the 2nd phase of REST support of Axis2/C. This will feature,
>
> 1. Use of correct status codes. (At present we use just a little more than
> the bare minimum.) I'm looking forward for more informative statuses, and
> most preliminary work will be done based on the Simple Axis2 HTTP Server.
> The Apache and IIS modules will be look at later.

I think, better to give priority to the Apache module because that
what we recommend users for production environments. Axis2 HTTP Server
is a server that we use for testing purposes. WDYT ?

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://nethu.org

RE: Axis2/C 1.3 source compilation error

Posted by Dave Meier <DM...@SERENA.com>.
Hi Frank,

I just noticed this earlier message.  I also use VS 2003 and
http_server_main.c does not work when built with 2003.  I commented out
the argument processing code as I never use the args anyway.  I
submitted the following issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-922 but it is closed as it
is 2003 specific.

-Dave.

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> writes:

> You seem to have warnings treated as errors. Can you disable that and
> try again?

IIRC, Senaka worked on fixing windows warnings and jira is also fixed
[1]. May be we might happen to reopen this issue.

1.https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-573

thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Samisa,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com>.
I also tried on my Windows Server 2003 machine and got
the same error. In both machine, I am using MS visual
studio .Net 2003.

Thanks!
Frank