Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Willy Faes <wi...@mediatower.be> on 2001/08/17 17:29:16 UTC

Context does not initialise

Sorry that I rephrase my question but I still have the same problem. I
installed Tomcat-4.0B7 without a problem. But when I start tomcat it
seems that only the http server starts. When I click on the examples it
gives the following error:
HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
The requested service (This application is not currently available) is
not currently available.

I found following error in the logs but I don't understand what it means:
2001-08-17 11:12:51 StandardContext[/examples]: Exception starting
filter Set Character Encoding
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter
         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:
1264)

Thanks for your help,

Willy Faes
MediaTower